Essentially, I'm a data magician with a conscience. Math, logic, and creativity (craziness) are my tools.
I am definitely open to a venture that would allow me
- to support my family (unless my wife can take care of that, she's working on it :) )
- to return to San Francisco
- to work passionately on a project that I can't stop thinking about
- to be part of a smallish team that is attempting to build something incredible
- I grew up in California, I am a US citizen
- I got my BS in Aerospace Engineering from UCSD
- I worked on the GlobalHawk Unmanned Aircraft (control systems group) at Northrop
- I quit that job, moved to Barcelona, and bummed around Europe for 6 months on the $6000 I had saved up
- Got my MS from UCSD, decided I liked research and wanted to return to Europe
- I've been in Zurich 5 years and will defend my PhD Thesis next month
- 5 years may seem long, but I have enough material for 3 PhD dissertations in 3 different fields
- Lastly, yes, I know machine learning, I can apply the algorithms, I have the ability to understand all the mathematics behind the algorithms so I know when it's all BS. It's all just function approximation and optimisation anyways.
If anyone contacts Sean please let me know how it goes. Good luck!!!!